Monday, February 2, 2015

Beside the Bonnie Brier Bush with Dust Jacket



It's not the greatest photograph, but looking on the Inernet I saw this copy of Morse's design for Ian Maclaren's book with its dust jacket on a blogpost (address above) and thought it was worth noting that the gold block was dropped from the dust jacket and 'Illustrated Edition' added. What a lovely copy!

Work on the Morse collection continues and I've been finding several binding variants and adaptations of known designs lately, although no new designs have shown up, with the exception of a speculation. I'll be getting the images and citations out soon. All of these are being added to the ACM collection, which I've been processing for the Watson Library. Although it has not been catalogued yet, if you are interested in seeing it, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment